The web service has initialy been developed by the Symonics GmbH within the IRKO research
project, funded German Federal Ministry of Education and Research, funding code 01IS14027A.
This product includes software developed by the Institute of Technical Acoustics (RWTH Aachen
University) and by the Cognitive Systems group (University of Tübingen). The 3D face detection
algorithms is by Prof. Luuk Spreeuwers (University of Twente).
To honor their scientific contribution, we are glad to highlight their publications:
- 1. Bomhardt, R.; Fels, J., : Analytical interaural time difference model for the
individualization of arbitrary Head-Related Impulse Responses. In: Audio Engineering
Society Convention 137, USA, Los Angeles. USA, New York: Audio Engine, 2014.
- 2. Bomhardt, R.; Fels, J. , Individualization of head-related transfer functions by the
principle component analysis based on anthropometric measurements, The Journal of
the Acoustical Society of America 140(4):3277-3277, October 2016
- 3. Isabel C. Patiño Mejía and Andreas Zell, Head Measurements from 3D Point Clouds,
IPTA Conference, Oulu, Finland, 2016.
- 4. Christian Hoene, Isabel Patiño and Alexandru Cacerovschi, MySofa: Design Your
Personal HRTF, AES 142, Berlin, Germany, May 2017.
- 5. Spreeuwers, L.J. (2015) /Breaking the 99% barrier: optimisation of 3D face
recognition./ IET Biometrics, 4 (3). pp. 169-177. ISSN 2047-4938
- 6. Spreeuwers, L.J. (2011) /Fast and Accurate 3D Face Recognition Using Registration to
an Intrinsic Coordinate System and Fusion of Multiple Region classifiers./
International Journal of Computer Vision, 93 (3). pp. 389-414. ISSN 0920-5691.
We would also like to mentioned photographs:
- 1. Thorsten Krienke for P1790765 dummy head (Kunstkopf)
- 2. iStockfoto for various pictures on this web site